Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chariot ride...


Gregorian chant swallows me whole as it clears the air in my car.
A high tenor’s brief but powerful solo is rejoined by fraternal harmony:
Alleluia
Alleluia
Alleluia  
I've never been more aware of where I am.
I’m amused how much I don’t care where I’m going.
Three years have passed since considering a priestly vow.
Perhaps then in the confines of such cathedral isolation
I would have learned how to need nothing but Divine adoration;
Such desired consecration,
Just not humanly possible.
            (crescendo followed by a rest)
An angelic sister’s chamber choir joins in;
Pure pitch and melodic notation.
Proof that although men can sing,
They were never meant to sing such a hymn, alone:
Alleluia
Alleluia
Alleluia  
I am my own cathedral
and in my heart is such a song.
But then I begin to want and worry;
Proof that although men can sing,
They were never meant to sing such a hymn, alone:
Alleluia
Alleluia
Alleluia  


~2013 Vaughn Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment