Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Who Am I

“Who am I, you ask?”

I am a narrative in the making,
   A happy ending not yet told;
     A plot unapologetically thickening,
       An unedited pagination in bold.
        
I am a breath worth breathing,
   Escaping death with each blow;
     Avoiding over speculating
       When the last one will flow.

I am faith in motion,
   Unconventional devotion.
     More enlightened via the personal
       Than stage-like public spectacle.

I am desire, craving daily to be known,
   Not forced into isolation to venture alone;
     But absorbing each new sunrise and sunset
       Providing the gift of another day for riveting embrace.

I am a friend worth having;
   A reliable man worth confiding.
     Gratefully ineligible to adjudicate,
       In the now, fearlessly merciful.

I am honesty’s new best friend,
   A quest for truth continually probing;
     A current of transparency untainted,
       Longing for a nonjudgmental landing.
    
~2010 Vaughn Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment